Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Control xfmr heats up to appx 120 degrees

Ignoramus9618 fired this volley in
:

The control transformer in my mill, heats up to about 120 degrees F,
is that normal or not?

Decently made dry transformers were usually rated at a maximum 40C rise
above ambient. On your vintage of machine, I'd assume that item was a
piece of well-engineered iron, and not one of the copper and iron starved
transformers coming out of Mexico and Taiwan today.

So, it could reasonbly run 104F higher than ambient without harm.

LLoyd