Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Laminate floor suitable for hallway and loo?

"Roberts" wrote in message

"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote in message
AL_z wrote:
What is your opinion on the suitability of laminate flooring for a
hallway

Pay £7 per sq m and it probably won't take the wear. Pay four times that
for commercial grade flooring and it will.

Colin Bignell

The big snag with laminate flooring especially in a hall way is when you
come in from the rain. It is so easy to slip up if there is no carpet
there. This happened to a friend of mine and she neatly peeled the skin
off on her shin which resulted in several painful skin grafts and months
off work. Anyway it is up to you!
Robbie

How very odd. I have had the stuff down in both my entrance porch and
hallway for years, and none of us in the house have ever had any similar
problem. In fact, I can't say that I've ever found the stuff even remotely
slippy when coming in from the rain. I have a very simple mat just inside
the door, and I actually tend to deliberately 'scuff' my feet on the
laminate in the porch to dry off what the mat doesn't get so that it doesn't
tread into the hallway. All I've ever noticed is a bit of a 'squeak' when I
walk on it with wet shoes. Perhaps it was just an unfortunate combination of
the laminate surface and the type of soles on your friend's shoes which
caused the problem, although in saying that, five of us living in our house,
including three kids running about like demented loonies when they were
young and still living here, so I would have thought that one of us would
have come up with a similar combination over the years ?

Arfa