Posted to alt.consumers.experiences,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Weber barbecue: Regulator prevents full temperature unless you play with main value

In article , Sum Guy wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Is the tank full or nearly so? This is a common problem with the
OPD tanks. If you open the valve too fast, the surge will cause
the float inside to restrict the opening. It is not a Weber
problem, but a tank design "feature" intended to be a safety
device. In most cases, once you've used about 1/4 of the tank
the problem goes away.

This didn't happen on the first tank that I used on this grill, but it
is happening on the next two tanks (I'm on the third tank). And it
doesn't seem to matter if the tank is full, 3/4 full or almost empty.

I got the 2'nd and 3'rd tank from the same place - not the same place as
the first tank.

What "tanks" you be talking about? The manual you linked to was for a
natural gas grill.