Posted to alt.consumers.experiences,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Weber barbecue: Regulator prevents full temperature unless you play with main value

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 22:09:24 -0400, Sum Guy wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Is the tank full or nearly so? This is a common problem with the
OPD tanks. If you open the valve too fast, the surge will cause
the float inside to restrict the opening. It is not a Weber

Does hitting it make the float go back to where it was?

problem, but a tank design "feature" intended to be a safety
device. In most cases, once you've used about 1/4 of the tank
the problem goes away.

This didn't happen on the first tank that I used on this grill, but it
is happening on the next two tanks (I'm on the third tank). And it
doesn't seem to matter if the tank is full, 3/4 full or almost empty.

I got the 2'nd and 3'rd tank from the same place - not the same place as
the first tank.

Maybe you need to buy from the guy who sells defective tanks.

Safety is the curse of modernity. Like those stupid things that make
the lawnmower turn off when you let go of it. What do they think I've
driving, a locomotive. I alwasys wire the things so the mower stays
on.