Posted to alt.home.repair
Molly Brown Molly Brown is offline

Default Soundproofing A Condo

On Aug 10, 1:19*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 22:06:42 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown

wrote:
On Aug 9, 7:31*pm, "Bob" wrote:
I have a small one story condo with each unit separated by a concrete block
firewall with wall board on either side. Unfortunately, neighbor noise such
as loud talking, TV's and radios, comes through without much problem. To
give you an example, when reading in my living room next to the common wall,
I can here someone peeing in the bathroom on the other side.

Anyone have experience in this area? I've heard of sound dampening wall
board but how effective is it? Would some kind of spray foam against the
concrete block do the job?

* The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a healthy appetite
at one end and no responsibility at the other.

If you’re going to soundproof the wall between the two units you will
need to soundproof the entire wall without any breaks and that
includes the attic space. Good luck.

*To do a perfect job, yes. To make a BIG difference and do a very good
job, not required.- Hide quoted text -

I guess the job I did several years back wasn’t very good enough.