Posted to alt.home.repair
The Post Quartermaster The Post Quartermaster is offline

Default A question for the plumbers.

"dpb" wrote in message
The Post Quartermaster wrote:
I'm going to run a water line out to a little outbuilding I have
out near the barn. The line I am going to tap off of is probably a
3/4" line. If I run a larger diameter, say a 1 or 11/4 inch from
there to the outbuilding would that result in any increase in
pressure at the outbuilding or would the fact that there was a 3/4"
feed negate any increase?

Larger will reduce the pressure drop would otherwise have. Neither
will increase pressure above supply--it only drops, never goes up.

How long a run?

--

40 feet maybe. I just dug a two foot deep trench by hand so it feels
like it was a couple of hundred feet. And the thermometer is showing