Howard Neil

Default Wood Burning Stove - Glass doors always smoked up!

"Richard" wrote in message
om...
We've got a Stovax (Blenheim) wood burning stove which was rebuilt a
couple of years ago.

Whenever we use it the inside of the glass doors are covered in soot
within only a couple of hours use meaning you can't see the "romantic"
orange flames nor see when you need to put another log on it.

Most other people I know with wood burning stoves say they only need
to clean their glass every couple of months or so - not every day like
I do!

You say the stove has been rebuilt. Also, I cannot find any reference to a
Blenheim stove on the Stovax web site. I therefore suspect that the stove is
rather old in design.

Modern wood burning stoves have what is often called an "air wash" system.
The fumes are diverted within the stove to ensure better burning and
clean(ish) air passing across the inside of the glass, stopping a lot of the
sooty coating.

It may be that the only thing you can do is change the stove. :-(

--
Howard Neil