Posted to alt.home.repair
Proteus IIV Proteus IIV is offline

Default Toshiba Flat Screen TV

On Aug 8, 10:39*pm, "Ultraglide"
wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Ultraglide" wrote in message
I have a Toshiba flat screen TV which belonged to my late mother-in-law.
It is only just over a year old (LCD I believe). *Tonight the volume just
quit on me - all channels. *Any ideas, suggestions?

Is it on a cable box? *If so, make sure it is not set to "mute". *Same
with the TV

Then, RTFM
.. The sound may be muted. Press VOLUME.
.. If you hear no sound, try setting the MTS feature
to Stereo mode (? page 39).
.. If you are not receiving a second audio program
from a known SAP source, make sure the MTS
feature is set to SAP mode (? page 39).

I checked the TV controller and the cable box controller, both were not
muted. *In fact the only controller I had near me was the cable box one but
I was not touching it at the time. *I tried it on our other cable
box-equipped TV. *Works find. * I don't know if we have the manual. *What is
(? page 39)? *Is that a reference to the manual? *Could one be available
online?

THERE MUST HAVE BEEN AN INTERUPTION OF THE AUDIO SIGNAL FROM YOUR
CABLE COMPANY
SOME SETS BLANK OUT WHEN THE SIGNAL IS INTERUPTED
IN SOME SETS YOU MUST CHANGE THE CHANNEL
IN OTHERS YOU MUST TURN YOUR SET OFF AND BACK ON TO RESET IT
DON'T ASK ME WHY
I HAVE NOT GOTTEN INTO IT YET MYSELF
BUT
IT MAY BE A FLAW IN THE DIGITAL TO AUDIO CONVERSION CIRCUIT
AND AN AUTO-REFRESH CIRCUIT MAY BE NEEDED ON SOME SETS SUCH AS THE ONE
YOU HAVE INHERITED

IAP