Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default Toshiba Flat Screen TV

On 8/8/2010 7:53 PM, Ultraglide wrote:
I have a Toshiba flat screen TV which belonged to my late mother-in-law. It
is only just over a year old (LCD I believe). Tonight the volume just quit
on me - all channels. Any ideas, suggestions?

If all else fails, you may want to consider resetting to the factory defaults.
If the user has customized many of the settings, first slog through the various
menus and with pad and paper write down every setting so that they may be easily
set back after the reset.

The instruction manual for my Toshiba LCD HDTV says, "To reset all settings and
channels to their factory default settings:

1. From the SETUP menu, highlight installation and press enter on the remote.
A new set of installation menu icons will appear.

2. Open the SYSTEM STATUS menu, highlight SYSTEM INFORMATION and press enter on
the remote.

3. Press the left and/or right scroll arrows on the remote through the menu bar
to select FACTORY DEFAULTS.

4. Enter your PIN code (or 0000 if no PIN code has been set).

5. Highlight YES and press enter on the remote. The TV will turn off
automatically after a few seconds. After the TV turns off, unplug the TV power
cord and then plug it in again to complete the reset process."

Sort of like a cold reboot with a computer I guess.