Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Soundproofing A Condo

Bob wrote:
I have a small one story condo with each unit separated by a concrete
block firewall with wall board on either side. Unfortunately,
neighbor noise such as loud talking, TV's and radios, comes through
without much problem. To give you an example, when reading in my
living room next to the common wall, I can here someone peeing in the
bathroom on the other side.
Anyone have experience in this area? I've heard of sound dampening
wall board but how effective is it? Would some kind of spray foam
against the concrete block do the job?

Simple solution: Tell your neighbor that you insist he sit on the toilet
when he pees.