Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default OT - toy and fun money

rangerssuck wrote:
On Aug 5, 4:18 pm, RBnDFW wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy.
So, the bills got to be paid. The church tithes and offerings. The
electric, rent, etc. But, that gets boring in a hurry. How much to
spend on fun? Does anyone have a formula? Percentage, or what?

Two words "Separate accounts"
My wife makes her money and keeps it in her own accounts.
Same for me.
Common expenses are covered by a household account that we both deposit
to equally.

I buy guns, cars, machine tools.
She buys a new car regularly and cat stuff. She has more left over and
no storage issues (except for cat poop). hmmmm

That sounds more like roommates than husband and wife,

I've heard many times that money is the #1 cause of discord in a
marriage. Looking back at my first marriage many of the hard feelings we
had started with the allocation of money. Seems we always had funds for
things she wanted to do, but never for my interests, even though I was
far the primary, and often the only, breadwinner.
So 2nd time around kids are grown, I make good money, 2nd wife makes
good money. We have more than we need to get by. We have a great
relationship, still in love after 13 years, expect to grow old together.
Oh, and money is a non-issue. I'm joint on her accounts and she on mine,
but I don't really know what her balances are unless I ask. Don't care.
So yea, we're room-mates, and a lot more.