Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Bob Villa Bob Villa is offline

Default How NOT to build a wall

On Aug 6, 10:32*pm, Robatoy wrote:
On Aug 6, 10:19*pm, FrozenNorth
wrote:

On 8/06/10 9:36 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Why, oh why, do people with no knowledge or experience of the building trades
imagine that they are competent to do their own construction?

Been there done that. *Previous owner left behind several mason jars
full of mixed screws, seemed odd. *Then I started removing stuff that he
had built and need eight different bits to take them apart, what a pain
in the backside, can't even imagine wanting to build something that way..

Last two or three pieces of his handiwork that I have removed, recip
saw, hell with the mess, it is less frustrating.

--
Froz...

A house, 3 doors down from mine, had the entire family room wired with
those cheapo 18ga extension cords. They were held in place between the
block foundation and the 2x3 studs which were concrete nailed in
place. No insulation, no vapour barrier. The studs were then covered
with hardboard panelling, no drywall. I have built theatre sets
(flats) with more integrity.

I went to an "A card" carrying electrician's house years ago and he
had some bare receptacles nailed to the bottom of window sills
(inside) wired with lamp cord!!! WTFrenchToast