Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Are BOX fans dangerous????

On 8/8/2010 3:28 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 8, 4:14 pm, Steve wrote:
On 8/8/2010 12:52 PM, jimmy wrote:

I recently had a conversation with an insurance adjuster who told me one of
the causes of fires in a home are these box fans...do you have any info
regarding this??

I'd say he's full of crap. I buy box fans at auctions to use in the
chicken coop. They get the full gamut of dust and feathers and who
knows what else. I just run 'em till they quit and throw them in the
burn pile. Not one has even so much as smoked.

Even if they did catch on fire, big deal. You'd just have an
impromptu neighborhood BBQ. If it were your family you might feel a
little different, no?

I'm just saying in all my years and all my fans, i've never seen one
smoke or flame. And yes, i'd say my life experience is just as good as
some lying insurance adjusters.

--
Steve Barker