Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Are BOX fans dangerous????

On Aug 8, 2:21*pm, notbob wrote:
On 2010-08-08, jimmy wrote:

I recently *had a conversation with an insurance adjuster who told me one of
the causes of fires in a home are these box fans...do you have any info
regarding this??

He's a lying sack of sh*t! *

I've used 20" box fans for 40 yrs. *Old, new, plastic, or metal, they
do what they are designed for. *I'd recommend a 20" Lasko, the model
with the extra knob for temp (thermostat ...honest!). *Last one I
bought was $20 as Lowe's.

So, you believe that your personal experience - one person's
experience - outweighs a conversation with an insurance adjuster?
Hmm. This wasn't some salesperson selling something - looking to gain
something from a lie. How often do people call you first when their
house catches on fire? Sheesh.

See Ed Pawlowski's response about the fan recall. It's rather ironic
that the fan brand you recommend is the one in the that report that
the CPSC recalled. All of these cheap fans are made in China, and we
all know how reliable and trustworthy the Chinese are...at least they
can be relied on to dump their excess lead into our dinner ware. Do
you really think that you're getting a quality product, shipped from
overseas, for $20?

In future, maybe you shouldn't start name calling when you have
nothing really to base it on. Thanks.