Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme Graeme is offline

Default Thoughts on building a wooden ramp for vehicular use

In message
, NT
writes
On Jul 16, 8:48*pm, Graeme wrote:
Our garden is on two levels, both of which are paved, with a six inch
step between the two. *

If you get a new saw, yes, go for a handheld circular saw. The cheap
ones are perfectly usable, but they wont give as clean a cut as a good
one will. Do not buy a new jigsaw!

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. The best was an excuse to
buy a hand held circular saw :-)

Made two ramps, each about 56 inches long, by 16 inches wide. They are
not pretty, mainly because the wood is whatever odd lengths I found in
the shed, and I have not yet got used to the saw, so most lengths are a
little under or over sixteen inches. However, the ramps do the job,
which is great.

Still recovering from the amount of sawdust this new saw can generate,
even with a vacuum cleaner attached.

--
Graeme