Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus2412 Ignoramus2412 is offline

Default List of milling machine features I am seeking

On 2010-08-08, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus2412 wrote:

As long as someone has already written the modules to control a
vari-drive, the rest is just more wiring so EMC2 can control the
up/down solenoid valves (and VFD if you haven't already done that).

Yes, I think that it should work, it is simpoly a configuration issue
for EMC.

Our older cnc lathes with gear boxes require a M41 or M42 command to switch gear ranges.
Perhaps you could implemnet something similar where the command emits an output you use to
shift the sheave. IRRC M41-44 are typical gear change M codes.

Wes, yes, I would like to find some good G code number and then
implement it. I got some suggestions on emc-users on how to do it,
with comparator elements of EMC. But speed change should only happen
during speed change, and not at any other moment, like reversal or
whatnot. If I get it to work, it will be much better than VFD, and
will let me tap with relatively larger taps.