Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default List of milling machine features I am seeking

Ignoramus2412 wrote:

As long as someone has already written the modules to control a
vari-drive, the rest is just more wiring so EMC2 can control the
up/down solenoid valves (and VFD if you haven't already done that).

Yes, I think that it should work, it is simpoly a configuration issue
for EMC.

Our older cnc lathes with gear boxes require a M41 or M42 command to switch gear ranges.
Perhaps you could implemnet something similar where the command emits an output you use to
shift the sheave. IRRC M41-44 are typical gear change M codes.

Wes