Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave H.[_2_] Dave H.[_2_] is offline

Default List of milling machine features I am seeking

"Steve Lusardi"wrote...
Iggy,
I know this is fun. You have really done well and I am envious. I know
this is a hobby and part of the hobby is increasing your skill set, but
those six goals cost your time and some money. Yeah, I know, spend to
save, but those changes are impractical. I suggest you step back, look at
the bigger picture, establish a closure point and do another machine. My
two cents.
Steve

Hey, I'm with Iggy on this one - 1,3 and 4 are just parts of a proper VFD
and CNC installation?

2 and 6 sort of come together once you have a spindle encoder (maybe a
fine-resolution slotted opto?) and a few solenoids to work the vari-drive,
the rest is just programming and Iggy seems to have that cracked

No. 5, the rotary axis will take the machine's capabilities into a whole new
ballpark - need a custom gear wheel? program it. Need a custom splined
shaft? program it, etc. etc.

My two penn'orth,

Dave H.