Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default List of milling machine features I am seeking

Iggy,
I know this is fun. You have really done well and I am envious. I know this is a hobby and part of the hobby is increasing your
skill set, but those six goals cost your time and some money. Yeah, I know, spend to save, but those changes are impractical. I
suggest you step back, look at the bigger picture, establish a closure point and do another machine. My two cents.
Steve

"Ignoramus14749" wrote in message ...
Here's a list of things I want to get from my mill. They all seem
individually doable. I can already use my mill for basic 3D
machining.

So, here's what I want.

1) All panel buttons and jog buttons work properly
2) Spindle Speed control from G code using solenoids that actuate the vari-drive
(and not VFD), so that I get full power output at all speeds, all the
while operating at 60 Hz
3) Flood and mist coolant working, including from G code
4) Jog mode, VFD at 5 Hz
5) 4th (rotary) axis based onthe Troyke CNC rotary table
6) Rigid tapping, based on synchronization to spindle speed (G33)

Once I do all of the above, I think that it wil be a Mercedes Benz
level mill, loaded with useful features, with everything accomplished
without modifying the hardware of this machine, and without incurring
expensive costs.

Am I missing anything in this picture?