Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Garage Floor epoxy recommendations

On Aug 7, 9:39*pm, "Nonnymus" wrote:
The house we're trying to buy (a Short Sale) has a plain, gray, concrete
floor. *My plan is to first pressure wash it, then go over it with dilute
Muratic acid, followed by a gentle flushing to remove the drywall dust,
drywall mud and other gunk deposited by subcontractors. *Then, I want to
coat it with a dark brown epoxy with vinyl flakes in it.

I know that the dark brown color will make the garage darker than it
presently is, but in NV, auto tires pick up carbon from the effect of UV on
asphalt and leave tracks almost immediately. *The dark brown color disguises
the tracks.

I checked at HD and Lowe's for a dark brown epoxy garage floor coating with
no success. *They offer a very limited range of colors. *Where would you all
recommend finding good 2-part epoxy garage floor coating with the vinyl
flakes?

Nonny

I've had epoxy garage floors since 1974. Some commercial, others home
based. Sears, Glidden, other two part systems are good. What I found
was that adding sand, sprinkles or other cosmetics shortened the life
of traffic areas dramatically. The nice smooth un-gooped epoxy paint
will last for years and look good, besides being far easier to keep
clean. Cosmetics, or practicality, you make the call.

Joe