Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Harbor Freight family feud

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 21:44:15 -0500, Ignoramus14749

On 2010-08-08, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 16:53:52 -0500, Ignoramus14749

On 2010-08-07, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 17:15:43 -0400, Wes
wrote:

Ignoramus14749 wrote:

I feel a bit better. The last 10 years sure have been rocky.

This because stocks were very expensive 10 years ago. Now the prices
are much more reasonable, and so are the prospects of future returns.

Hopefully most of those 500 stocks in the index are about to take off soon.

Wes

The problem is...which direction will they be going...up.....or down?

Gunner, this is typical bull**** that screws up so many investors.

No one knows what the market will do tomorrow.

This is not really as big of a problem as some think.

In the longer run, all investor returns are from earnings and
dividends, so if I buy that at a reasonable price, I will be
rewarded. Much indigestion will occur along the way.

If you "buy based on price", to some outside observer it may look like
brilliant market timing, but in reality it is a simple process
intellectually.

I have never believed in any theory that would propose to "buy at any
price" or to "never buy regardless of price".

I strongly suggest you read the following..as a start to your education.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_Street_Crash_of_1929

?Anyone who bought stocks in mid-1929 and held onto them saw most of his
or her adult life pass by before getting back to even. ?
?Richard M. Salsman

Follow it up with this one...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass-Steagall_Act

Get back to me when you finish...and we can discuss your call of
"bull****"

Ok?

Gunner, with all due respect etc, try to actually read what I
write. OK? I never was the one to pay too much for stocks, which is
what I clearly stated.

So did you read them, or not?

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9