Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default How NOT to build a wall

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 09:29:02 -0700, "DGDevin" wrote:

"aemeijers" wrote in message
m...

I ain't proud- for stuff I don't know how to do, I'll seek out someone
who does, even when I have to pay for it. And with the passing years, my
understanding of the holes in my expertise has become more detailed.

Oh yeah, that's why I hired a guy to do the plaster in our bedroom rather
than make a mess of it myself. I also hired somebody to refinish the
hardware floor, although having watched it done I'd be prepared to tackle
that myself next time. The stuff like baseboard and painting and redoing my
wife's closet I did because I figured I could.

Plaster is an art, not something I'd ever have the time or need to learn. I
also hired someone to put in a hardwood (bamboo, actually) floor. I wish I'd
just bitten the bullet and done it myself. I had never seen it done and
thought it would have taken a lot more knowledge to do. I did tile without
having seen it done and there's a lot more to tile, IMO.

BTW, if you want to get on your wife's good side, design and build her a new
closet that increases her clothing storage capacity by 50% in the same
closet--that's Eggs Benedict for breakfast for quite some time.

She would never do that to me. Though on second thought, she might because it
does take me a lot of time to actually finish projects. ;-)