Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default How NOT to build a wall

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

BOOKS? In a LIBRARY? How quaint.

Mine has hand puppets, games, wall art, toys, videos, and a few other odds
and ends.

They do have a spinner rack containing historical romances ("bodice
rippers") with a sign: "Leave two, take two".

Our local library has a gazillion or so books, along with some CD and DVDs.
Haven't seen any toys or hand-puppets outside the little section they have
tucked away in one corner for moms and young kids. I can say with
confidence that 90%+ of their space is devoted to books. They're happy to
bring in titles from other libraries upon request too.

Libraries have abrogated their classical role as repositories of
information. Most should be burnt to the ground and the ashes scattered.
Not to worry, you won't be burning books!

You forgot to mention lynching the librarians.

To be even more topical, there are libraries in Berkeley that loans tools
(power saws, pressure washers, ladders, post hole diggers, etc.). Buncha
goddamn communists, you ask me.

Heaven forbid that anyone should be able to fix up their home without
somebody making a profit off it. Come to think of it the whole idea of
people being able to *borrow* books rather than buying them is pretty damned
commie too.