Posted to uk.d-i-y
D.M.Chapman D.M.Chapman is offline

Default Laminate floor suitable for hallway and loo?

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:

I don;t care how much they claim "bathroom grade" is waterproof - I just
wouldn't for the loo. Hall's OK.

I've said this on here before, but we stuck some "slate look" laminate
down in the kitchen here years ago (8?) as a quick fix until we could afford
to do it properly.

This was the aqualok stuff from B&Q.

The following year I found an offcut in a puddle outside (where I'd been
cutting it). Many years later, it's still out there, still getting all the
weather and still completely fine.

Floor is still down and seems fine as well (which is a shame - it's harder
to justify replacing it ;-))

So, some of the stuff really is waterproof...

But, re ceramic tiles - I don't see a problem. And you won't be doing the
job again for a long long time (never if you do it right).

we avoided ceramic and went for the quick laminate option as wife was
pregnant and the floor is a little bouncy - nothing major but needed sorting
for ceramic.

The laminate appears to cope fine with the slight movement

Darren