Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Supermarket ****lists

Andy Cap wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:

Ha! I know that one! They do the same in Lewes. Small panels
distinguish between residents' parking and PAYG spots. But the small
panels are 20 feet up lamp posts. Also they have this trick where its
free at weekends, but *not* on bank holidays.

One of the craziest schemes I've seen and it only lasted a week, was in
Haywards Heath, when you suddenly had to enter your car registration
number, each character being selected by moving a cursor along to the
appropriate letter or number. It was absolute chaos. Funny though.

Andy Cap

Oh yes, to prevent what I always used to do, walk up to the parking
meter thingamabob. And give my unexpired ticket to anyone standing
there. At one time people used to paste their unexpired tickets on the
machine for use by someone else.

IN Cambridge, the councillors proudly state that their parking policy is
a 'complete success' because it 'pays for the park and ride' and has
made 'park and ride pay for itself'

If success equates to restricting the town to its cycling residents, and
ripped off tourists, that's true.

If it equates to it being a vibrant market town and a destination of
choice to its natural catchment area, its totally false.