Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Toy Money

That's part of my worries. I'm not sure but what the world economy is
about to collapse. Due in large part to irresponsible spending in
Washingmachine DC.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Robert Green"
wrote in message ...

Yabbut. How much money is reasonable to keep in a fast access, rainy
day
fund? I could only really start enjoying myself knowing that if
something
truly bad happened, I'd have some resources to deal with it. That
makes the
calculation a bit messy.

They say you should have at least 3X the mortgage payment tucked away,
but
trouble often hits much harder than that. I think 30X the mortgage
payment
is probably where you can start to feel comfortable enough to plan a
Disney
cruise with the kiddies. From what I've seen lately, people have 30X
the
monthly mortgage payment in DEBTS, not savings!! I guess the
advantage
there is that you can file for bankruptcy and make your fellow
citizens eat
the losses in higher prices. )-:

Fortunately, US savings levels, which were at all time lows are
starting to
creep back up as people realize how long they might have to fend for
themselves if the breadwinner gets fired and can't find a new job.

--
Bobby G.