Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Supermarket ****lists

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 12:49:37 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

Ha! I know that one! They do the same in Lewes. Small panels distinguish
between residents' parking and PAYG spots. But the small panels are 20
feet up lamp posts. Also they have this trick where its free at
weekends, but *not* on bank holidays.

Here in Herne Bay, they've just done a similar thing. The main shopping
street is actually not very near the only large car park (which is
expensive anyway). But it's very near the seafront, and parking *was*
free. They've now started charging, and we now find that the town centre
is deserted (it was today, a Saturday morning). And nearly all the spaces
on the seafront were...empty. The shopkeepers (nearly all small
businesses) are not happy.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org