Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S[_2_] R D S[_2_] is offline

Default Supermarket ****lists

wrote in message
I did some technical work for a Tesco sub-contractor. They explained
Tesco's business practice wrt suppliers.
The first year is always good business with Tesco, lulling the
supplier into a false sense of security. Once essentially locked in
and from then on, year by year, Tesco turn the screws until they have
the suppliers by the balls.
I've never had much truck with 'poor' farmers but in Tesco's case this
is the result. It's either continue dealing with Tesco or write off
everything and try to start again.

Indeed.

I can't decide what I find more surprising.
The fact that such a vast percentage of the population are happy to give so
much of their hard earned to an unscrupulous, tax dodging, peddlar of ****e
such as Tesco.
Or that when someone comes up with a new product they are happy to roll over
and hand it to Tesco on a plate for next to nothiong.