Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Supermarket ****lists

On 7 Aug, 06:46, Andy Cap wrote:
brass monkey wrote:
Just shows what profit they're making and the poor old biddy who

*doesn't need/want 2 gets screwed (bad choice of word).

That seems *really* unfair to me. I feel like taking the offer and then
flogging them at the reduced price at the door, but I don't have the time..

Tesco - They built a new Tesco near us (selling crap as usual) and
effectively killed the town and markets. Why is it that nobody bothers to
look in the town and buy decent quality stuff? 50 yards from Tesco carpark
and folks could buy proper food.

Because the Councils are making it impossible to drive into town and if
you can be bothered, the parking charges are horrific. Years ago,
Swansea I think it was, had two lanes in up to 3'oclock, reversed to two
lanes out for the rest of the day, which seemed a good idea ! Now we're
restricted by bus and cycle lanes, which rarely see a bike, congesting
the town even more. I live on the outskirts of a largish city and rarely
go in there. *Mind you, if they did attempt to resolve the imbalance, it
would be by charging for parking at the supermarket, not the other way
round, that's for sure. I've always felt it should be free to park in
your own town anyway.

Andy C

"Use by" dates are just ********. Suff doesn't just suddenly rot on
the use by dates. The real purpose is that stuff is sold in the
correct rotation. Ie you don't get year old produce at the back of the
shelf.