tmbg

Default GLOAT: New router table, top, and insert for $50! Kudos to Lee Valley

I can go you one better, I've built a table, insert, and fence entirely
out of crap that I found laying around the shop. Glued together a couple
of big scraps of MDF, laminated them with a scrap of white formica I
found, including the edges, made inserts out of plexiglas, and glued up a
bunch of maple and made a big sturdy fence with cherry faces.

http://www.usedforcomparison.com/rtable.jpg
http://www.usedforcomparison.com/fence.jpg

I splurged and spent $3.99 at highland for one of those little lever screw
dealies to tighten the base on my PC router. It was held together with
just a wing nut, and the wing nut was too wide to turn, it was obnoxious,
so I put this level bolt thing in, and put a nut on the other side and
epoxied it to the base of the router, now I have an easy way to loosen and
tighten the base to change the depth.

Now I just gotta build a base for it