Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Lithium battery disappointment

LSMFT wrote in news
novel8 wrote:
I bought the Worx edger with the 18volt battery this past April. Each
week i used the edger for about 15 minutes to do my chore and then i
immediately put into the recharger and wait for the green light and
then store it till the following week. All's well until the last 3
weeks where i ignored the chore cause of the hot weather. This morning
I tried to use it and sense in about a minute or two the battery very
weak. So i recharged it, the light turned red as it should and about
15 minutes later the green light came on, so i thought it was fully
charged...it wasn't. This time it last less than a minute. So i
recharged it again and again, it charged about 10 minutes or so, when
the green light came on again. I called repair and told them the
scenario and they said they would send me a new recharger. I called
worx and the guy told me that i should recharge the battery the night
before i intend to use it. The manual says nothing about that. It
worked just fine the way i was using it for about a month and
recharging it. Any ideas? is it the battery? the recharger? I am so
confused on when i should recharge these things.

Did you try charging it overnight before using it?

you evidently don't know much about lithium battery charging.
They don't use trickle charging.
this model has a 30 minute fast charger.(smart charger)

It's also a "as Seen on TV" product.....

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik