Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default Supermarket ****lists

On 7 Aug, 01:01, "brass monkey" wrote:
"js.b1" wrote in message

Never eat Asda "own brand"...

Low calorie - we made it smaller.
Chocolate pudding - diamond core dust is more edible.
Bread - congratulations you got the bag of salt.
Diet hot chocolate - brilliant, you'll never want to eat again.
Ham - mechanically recovered, from the ceiling of the chainsaw
massacre.
Extra Special - more sugar than Tait-n-Lyle's inventory.
Toilet Paper - forget diamond dust, this stuff is worse. Better than
chocolate pudding though.

Sunday, the day when you probably want 24/7 opening - they shut at
4pm.

Only good thing is the branded stuff is cheap if you time things
right.

Overall the simple question is why is the most profitable UK business
a Supermarket or "Warehouse". I guess the same reason banks are paying
0% and charging 6-33%. Some farmers do ok, many are stuck between the
poor house & self-sufficiency if you are a rabbit. I guess the old
adage, don't buy the crap product they sells like hot cakes, buy those
selling it.

If you need to re-sole your shoes, Asda beef. I also object to some of their
offers, similar to £2.50 each or 2 for £3. Just shows what profit they're
making and the poor old biddy who doesn't need/want 2 gets screwed (bad
choice of word).

True, although some people are so stupid. "I bought 2 and I didn't
need the other one so I chucked it in the bin". Freeze the stupid
thing. Just about anything will freeze. Same with reduced price offers
'cos the date is nearly up. Freeze it, and the use-by date is
suspended !
And the best value ham I've found is "offcuts" from iceland. Sometimes
its rubbish (check through the plastic wrap), but often its small
pieces of pretty good ham. I've got 3 in the freezer at the moment.
£1.50 a pack.
Simon.