Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] john@jjdesigns.fsnet.co.uk is offline

Default Supermarket ****lists

On 6 Aug, 17:03, fred wrote:
Following Mr UPVC's kind mention of discounted compact fluorescents at
Tesco I thought I'd detour past my nearest one today to see if they had
any stock.

It's been closed for ages for a total rebuild so thought I'd check first
to see if it was open again:

1. Website says yeeeey, these are our opening hours but please check
with the store, number given.

2.1. Call store, are you open? Yep, sure are.
2.2. Ooh great, when did it reopen after the refurb? silence
2.3. You know, has it been a month, a few days, what?
2.4. Oh yeah, we just reopened last week.
2.5. Great, thanks for the help, see you tomorrow.

3. Detours past store to check today and the place is still a building
site, security fenced, no access, building not even closed to the
elements.

In summary, web site wrong, call centre op (as it turned out) lied
through his teeth and Tesco don't give a flying f'ck.

So, I'd like to nominate Tesco for the supermarket **** list this week.

Any other nominations?
--
fred

And I'll nominate Tesco (spit!) for their ****e 60Watt pearl
incandescent bulbs. Bought a dozen and they ALL blew with a
fourtnight. Email them and they tell me to take the packaging back to
get a refund. Who FFS keeps their cardboard bulb cartons?.
(and their "food" is third rate ****e as well