Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Balancing valve

Eric in North TX wrote in
:

I picked up one of these cheap today,
http://www.powerscontrols.com/pages/...474&parCat=218
6&ref=2

I was hoping it was a diverter valve, but apparently not, I've never
had one, what is the purpose of it, to begin with?

I think we have a version of this made by Delta. Ours is a bathtub/
showervalve that keeps the temperature of the water rather constant,
independent of whether anyone flushes the toilet. While some of these
valves work with thermostats, this one keeps the temperature constant by
changing the flow of hot and cold in an inverse proportion to their
pressure. No more jumping around in the shower because someone flushes ...

--
Best regards
Han