Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default Small door

On Aug 6, 11:57*am, RickH wrote:
On Aug 6, 10:07*am, stryped wrote:

i have small an opening in the wall of my garage that goes into an
area of the crawlspace. I would like to close this off and make it
look nice. What I would really like to use is a regular door. However,
the openign is only roughly 32 inches tall and 36 or so inches wide. I
thought about makign my own door and casing, but was not sure how hard
that was to do. Any suggestions?

For something that small I'd go buy a pair of 18 or 21 inch kitchen
cabinet doors and just do a full overlay, screwing the cabinet door
hinges directly to the drywall face, two knobs in the middle and
you're done. *Cabinet doors are 36 inched high, that will leave 2 inch
overlay top and bottom to hide the hole.

Oops my mistake cabinet doors are 30 inches high, you'll need 42 inch
cabinet doors, or just make a pair of plywood doors.