Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Autodark helmet failure - now Radio Shack comments

On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 18:46:27 -0400, Wes
wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

When I was a kid, a RS opened within bicycle distance of me. I loved
that store, and shopped there often. Anyone remember the battery of
the month cards?

I bought a cell phone with a $40 rebate. The rebate never arrived. I
wrote, and followed up, and still no rebate. Over the years, I've
spent buckets of money at RS, but not any more. I havn't been in a RS
in a couple years. They lost my trade.

When I need a diode or cable today instead of tomorrow, I visit the place. Otherwise I
use Newark or Digikey and next day air. The last time I visited, I needed a 25A full wave
bridge to repair a back gage in a press brake.

Anyone remember Lafayette Radio? Link below before my time.

My TV (anyone still call 'em that?) still feeds my very first stereo
system - a Lafayette receiver with the original speakers (LR44?).
Works quite well, although I did have to do some work on the controls.
The BSR turntable is long gone, though.

Circa 1971 (ish).

(My TV resides in the bedroom, so it needed its own system.)

Joe

http://www.radiomuseum.org/forum/laf...amed_1933.html

Wes