Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Some progress on this rotary table

On 2010-08-05, Jon Elson wrote:
Ignoramus30382 wrote:

I think that I could have sold this resolver on ebay
for $175. Too bad, I cannot be perfect every time.

I wouldn't count on it. I got two Harowe Controls Harosyn resolvers in
excellent but probably used condition for $25 plus shipping in two
different auctions.

I just saw a almost the same model by Harowe sell for $175.

I have seen them listed much higher, but don't know if they actually
sold for more. I definitely would not count on such a specialized
item bringing in a lot of money. On the other hand, I have sold
stuff on eBay that I literally pulled out of a dumpster for
hundreds! I had a massively modified DeVry 35mm movie camera from
the 1940's that went for something like $264, and some 30+ year old
microfiche from IBM field service that the IBM corporate historian
bought for $500! You NEVER know what something is worth to somebody
else.

Yep, many great examples abound.

Anyway, I am not losing my sleep over this and I will treat it as a
learning experience.

Yep, it will work fine. I just would have gone the USD encoder route for
consistency between axes as well as the machining challenge of adapting
the encoder to the motor.