Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default [OT] Supermarket ****lists

fred wrote:
Following Mr UPVC's kind mention of discounted compact fluorescents at
Tesco I thought I'd detour past my nearest one today to see if they
had any stock.

It's been closed for ages for a total rebuild so thought I'd check
first to see if it was open again:

1. Website says yeeeey, these are our opening hours but please check
with the store, number given.

2.1. Call store, are you open? Yep, sure are.
2.2. Ooh great, when did it reopen after the refurb? silence
2.3. You know, has it been a month, a few days, what?
2.4. Oh yeah, we just reopened last week.
2.5. Great, thanks for the help, see you tomorrow.

3. Detours past store to check today and the place is still a building
site, security fenced, no access, building not even closed to the
elements.

In summary, web site wrong, call centre op (as it turned out) lied
through his teeth and Tesco don't give a flying f'ck.

So, I'd like to nominate Tesco for the supermarket **** list this
week.
Any other nominations?

Yes, I'd like to nominate Tesco for selling **** food - seriously, I've
never had anything from there that's been nice - their pies, sausage rollls
and cold meats have got to be the worst available in the developed world -
how can you **** up boiled ham? - I've no idea but they manage to make it
taste like salty polythene with added gristle.
Their bread is stale when you buy it and tastes like cardboard and the veg
have usually rotted away before you've got them home....I can't be certain
but I think they're buying Asda smart price stuff that has passed it's sell
by date and repackaging it as their own

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008