Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Ionic breeze

On Aug 5, 11:07*pm, cjt wrote:
On 8/4/2010 9:07 PM, Marilyn & Bob wrote:

"Steve *wrote in message

*wrote in message
news:joGdnW8ehpL5v8fRnZ2dnUVZ_h6dnZ2d@earthlink. com...
Steve B wrote:
Okay, let me get braced here.

Okay, let her rip.

What do you think of them.

SWMBO bought $1,000 worth of them, and I need a good argument when
she tells me I don't need any more tools.

Here's an argument we use with guns that is equally applicable to your
situation:

When talking about tools, NEED is irrelevant. The only thing that counts
is WANT.

She's an interior designer, and I've made four or five remodels happen for
her, now. *I actually get both, but every once in a while, this comes up.
She knows what I can get done with the right tools, and she's happy with
that.

I guess I could apply that to the Ionic Breezes. *Need/want? *To me,
they're worthless. *Worse than that, not even functional. *I can not think
of a single tool I own that doesn't do at least something. *Maybe only use
it once a year, but when I need it, it performs. *These sit, and do
NOTHING, even when plugged in and functioning as intended.

Steve

visit my blog athttp://cabgbypasssurgery.com

At the risk of POing your wife, the Ionic Breeze is a total rip off.
Consumer Reports said as much on 2003 and were sued by the Sharper Image who
then owned IB. *The case was found in CU's favor with the Sharper Image
having to pay them over a half million dollars in court costs. *Here are two
links. *There are many more on Google:

http://www.housekeepingchannel.com/a...ts_Testing_of_...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_ioniser

Reading the description of the case, it seems to me CU won because
Sharper Image couldn't prove they'd said anything false. *However, that
does not mean the CU analysis was _appropriate_ (SI's contention was
that it was not). *Accuracy and appropriateness are two different things.

FWIW, I've got a similar device, and I like it. *It takes a lot of crud
out of the air, and is silent, cheap, and low maintenance.- Hide quoted text -

I bet you wont like it as much when you learn about O3-Ozones negative
effects, Google it. Its not good for lungs. The Epa and several more
gov agencies have published exposure limit guidlines published and
easily searched. Of course you can say its not much that it puts out,
but you are adding more harmfull pollutants to your air, people with
asthma , smokers, are particularly susceptable to the added 03. It
messed me up when I had 3 air filters running in a 600 sq ft apt. 03
helps many materials to break down, like rubber, some plastics and
fabrics. You lungs are more sensitive and important, its does long
term harm over long term exposure. Google Ozone Affecting Asthma and
dangers of Ozone generators.