Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Autodark helmet failure - now Radio Shack comments

On 2010-08-05, Wes wrote:

[ ... ]

Anyone remember Lafayette Radio? Link below before my time.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/forum/laf...amed_1933.html

Yep! My first experience with them was about 1960 in the Boston
area. I still have a nice (Japanese made) log-log slide rule from them
from that period.

And my last was about 1977 or a bit after that, in the
Washington DC area.

During that period, my saying was "Lafayette mean Japanese".
Apparently from the earlier catalogs, that was not always the case. :-)

My last order to Lafayette was in in the late '60s. I ordered some
transistors and 6 12" * 18" sheets of single sided phenolic PC boards.
A 6"*6"*6" box arrived, and the invoice was marked "Shipped complete".
They refused to admit they had short shipped, so I sent all my future
orders to Allied or Digikey. I laughed when they went bankrupt a few
years later.