Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Autodark helmet failure - now Radio Shack comments

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

When I was a kid, a RS opened within bicycle distance of me. I loved
that store, and shopped there often. Anyone remember the battery of
the month cards?

I bought a cell phone with a $40 rebate. The rebate never arrived. I
wrote, and followed up, and still no rebate. Over the years, I've
spent buckets of money at RS, but not any more. I havn't been in a RS
in a couple years. They lost my trade.

When I need a diode or cable today instead of tomorrow, I visit the place. Otherwise I
use Newark or Digikey and next day air. The last time I visited, I needed a 25A full wave
bridge to repair a back gage in a press brake.

Anyone remember Lafayette Radio? Link below before my time.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/forum/laf...amed_1933.html

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller