Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default NEC, romex and tie-wraps

"rangerssuck" wrote in message
I'm doing some work in my (unfinished, never going to be finished)
basement. I have to run some new wiring about 2 feet across a concrete
block wall. There is one 6-3 cable and 4 12-3 cables. Is it
permissible to fasten the 6-3 cable to the wall and then tie-wrap the
other cables to it? If not, can I screw anchors into the wall and tie
wrap the whole bundle to the anchors?

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks.

I don't believe the Nec allows bundling cables, although I can't find
anything that specifically says this. You certainly can use tie wraps, but
it may be easier to screw a slice of plywood to the wall then staple them to
it, individually.