Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry W Larry W is offline

Default Curing concrete

In article , Sum Guy wrote:
ls02 wrote:

How much and how often do I need to sprinkle with water newly
poured concrete patio and footings? I am in NJ and temperature
is over 90 degrees, humidity is almost 100%.

You could have been less-stupid and put off pouring it until the
temperature was more optimal for producing a high-quality, high-strength
end result.

You're going to have a lot of water loss through the bottom surfaces
into the ground - which you can't keep wet from the top side.

You could have been "less-stuped" by not assuming that any concrete had
already been poured or that the underlying substrate was so dry that
it would draw moisture off.