Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.home.automation
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default New Fridge - setting up monitoring

wrote in message
On Aug 5, 6:24 am, "Robert Green" wrote:
wrote in message
Yes. And I've always been able to spot a fridge failure without a
dozen sensors monitoring my fridge. After all, it's a fridge not a
Boeing 777.

Even when you're traveling and away from the house? How do you do that?

What good does knowing do when you're away from the house? All that
does is make you worry and ruin your vacation.

Well, I can have someone go and check to see what's wrong for one thing.
YMMV, but if I was away and kept seeing news reports of the electricity
being out in 100,000s of home in my area (as just happened in the DC area -
thousands are still without power 5 days after the storms) it would be
*very* comforting to know that my house still had power and I had nothing to
worry about. The exact opposite of the situation you've envisioned.

--
Bobby G.