Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Toy Money

Of course, you're right. There is a balance in the middle some where.
And, it's the balance I'm seeking. I'm not counting on Social Security
to be there for me. Or, they will keep advancing the eligible age
until it's about 125 years old to start collecting. I also expect the
retirement and mutual funds to be raided for some "crisis" of the
government's making. Still, I do need to keep saving as best possible.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"mike"
wrote in message ...

All play and no retirement savings makes jack a frustrated old guy
who's
still working to keep ends met. Fun is not a percentage...it's a
threshold
that most people never meet. So they spend on fun anyway and hope
for magic when they're old.

People who are financially secure for the long term with an uncertain
future don't have to ask what percentage.