Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Ionic breeze

"Marilyn & Bob" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Steve B wrote:
Okay, let me get braced here.

Okay, let her rip.

What do you think of them.

SWMBO bought $1,000 worth of them, and I need a good argument when
she tells me I don't need any more tools.

Here's an argument we use with guns that is equally applicable to your
situation:

When talking about tools, NEED is irrelevant. The only thing that counts
is WANT.

She's an interior designer, and I've made four or five remodels happen
for her, now. I actually get both, but every once in a while, this comes
up. She knows what I can get done with the right tools, and she's happy
with that.

I guess I could apply that to the Ionic Breezes. Need/want? To me,
they're worthless. Worse than that, not even functional. I can not
think of a single tool I own that doesn't do at least something. Maybe
only use it once a year, but when I need it, it performs. These sit, and
do NOTHING, even when plugged in and functioning as intended.

Steve

At the risk of POing your wife, the Ionic Breeze is a total rip off.
Consumer Reports said as much on 2003 and were sued by the Sharper Image
who then owned IB. The case was found in CU's favor with the Sharper
Image having to pay them over a half million dollars in court costs. Here
are two links. There are many more on Google:

http://www.housekeepingchannel.com/a...lable_On line

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_ioniser

--
Peace,