Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Harbor Freight family feud

On Aug 4, 10:55*pm, Hawke wrote:

Because by holding the attitude you do, if you take advantage of the
programs and benefits that the government provides then you are one hell
of a hypocrite. Of course, it's always republicans who have your
attitude. They don't need or want the government's "interference" in
their affairs. Except for when you do. Then you go right ahead and get
everything you think you're entitled to. Is that what you're going to
do? Because that's what most republicans do, talk trash about the
government, and then collect as much in benefits as they can.

Hawke

My attitude is that the government forced me to pay into Social
Security and Medicare saying that it would provide me will all these
benefits when I retired. If I could have opted out of Social
Security, I would have and saved all the money that the government
took from me. So now I figure that I am entitled to collect as much
from the government as anyone else.

I was not able to save as much as the government took, but now I get
more from my savings than I get from Social Security. The reason is
of course that I invested the money that I saved. And the government
spent all the money it collected.

Dan