Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] kfvorwerk@gmail.com is offline

Default Chlorine-proof gasket material. Suggestions??

On Aug 4, 10:32*am, "Dave, I can't do that"
wrote:
OK, so I didn't like the look f the blue toilet bowl cleaner so I got
some clear stuff with Bleach in it. I checked the back of the package
and it said, "Safe for Plumbing. Safe for Septic systems if used as
per instructions"

So, a month later and it is time to put in a new pill. Shock-horror,
the rubber gaskets around the inlet and outlet are all split and
shredding. I am going to need to replace the gaskets with something
else. Also need to check the flapper.

Any suggestions on Chlorine-proof gasket material?

I did some research and Neoprene does not seem to cut it either.

The Chlorine works great, smells good, SO Likes it and the bowl is
sparkly white all the time. If I can't get a flapper that is
impervious to chlorine I will have to drop it. Bummer. (pun intended)

Dave

It can degrade your float valve if it's plastic.
Karl