Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Trying to get rid of dirt

h wrote:
"CWLee" wrote in message
m...

"h" wrote:

Wow! How small is your trash can? I can fit at least a cubic yard of dirt
into my trash can.

I could put a lot more in the can, but the weight might draw attention to
what was being done, and the whole purpose of doing it a little at a time
was to stay under the radar.

Your trash cans get weighed when dumped? And you don't mean a large,
commercial, industrial, special order dumpster? Again, weird.Out here in the
boonies the trucks drive up, pick up the can, dump it into the truck, drop
it, and drive away. Really, can you say the trash people do anything
different where you are? No on is going to "weigh" the trash from a regular
trash can. There is only one person doing the pickup, and he/she never gets
out of the truck! Just dump and drive. "If it fits, it ships", to plagiarize
from the USPS.

Not every trash company has the claw trucks, especially or rural runs
where you never know what the hell will be sitting at the curb. Around
here there are still one or two guys hanging off the back. Their back
muscles are the scale. If their backs says 'this is too heavy', it
doesn't get dumped. I've pushed it a few times, but I generally only
have a foot or two in the dumpster, so they let me slide some.

--
aem sends...