Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Do they make a tool to clean up threads on a garden hose?

"Brent" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 17:00:09 -0700, Steve B wrote:
Soaking overnight in common vinegar, then a toothbrush sized wire brush
works for removing that scale from stuff I clean.

I understand that. It just might be lime 'crudding' up the threads that
are
scaled (the dinged threads are another matter).

Thanks for that hint.

It seems a "thread chaser" specifically for garden hoses does not exist.

Shhhhhhhh! Get it together, and then submit it to the OMB for consideration
by "The Green Machine". Don't forget to set aside my 15%. And put that it
will save one million gallons of water a minute that's currently being
wasted. Don't know if that's accurate, but it sure sounds good, don't it?

We need to save the wasted water, by golly! It's an endless loop, but it
must be saved.

Steve